Solise has a very cool concept under it’s belt. I had no idea this was even possible– sunscreen within body was and hand wash!
Instead of putting on the daily sunscreen, it is automatically put on your skin by washing!
The concept of Solise was born out of Dale Lillard’s desire to protect his four children from the harmful effects of the Arizona sun. He was frustrated by the limited sunscreen products available and dreaded the daily struggle to apply sunscreen to his children.
Dale searched drugstore shelves and magazine advertisements hoping to find a product that would make this daily chore more pleasant. He thought that if he could somehow combine his children’s daily bath with the application of sunscreen, life around his house might just get a while lot easier. In pursuit of his novel idea, Dale spoke to chemists, body-product formulators, chemical engineers and scientists who study soaps and cleansing. They all assured him that his concept was not possible.
Dale refused to give up. Together with his oldest son, Tres, Dale began researching and testing sunscreen-body wash combinations, hoping to create a workable product. Their inspiration Thomas Edison’s famous quote: “I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” But it was not until they asked their neighbor, Michael Doyle, an engineer and inventor with decades of experience, to apply his genius to Dale’s concept that a solution was found. Michael developed a multi-phase emulsion system that finally allowed the natural ingredients in Solise to combine brilliantly and effectively with those that provide UVA and UVB sun protection. Solise was born.
I was given the Solise Body Wash and Sunscreen In One to try out and use. I have to say– we haven’t been getting a lot of sun lately here in Southern California, but at least I knew I was protected even on the overcast days!
The Body Wash has a very light soapy scent that I liked- even the kids didn’t mind it. The directions say: Use in the shower or bath, apply generously and evenly over the entire body including face and neck, lather and rinse– then towel dry as usual. Pretty simple! There was no battles with the white stuff getting into the kids eyes, no mess actually. It was easy! No the sunscreen of SPF 15 WILL NOT protect you at the beach on a long hot summer day, but yes it will protect you on those errand days out and about.
- Cleanses and protects your skin with a unique patent-pending formula containing SPF 15 sunscreen.
- Daily UVA/UVB protection.
- Feels and works like a premium body wash.
- Skin Cancer Foundation recommended. Dermatologist tested.
- Non-Comedogenic, does not clog pores.
- Formulated with natural emollients and skin conditioners to leave your skin soft and hydrated.
- Paraben Free.
- Not tested on animals and contains no animal by-products.
How Solise Works
A unique emulsion-based technology allows Solise to bind sunscreen to your skin’s natural oils while a mild cleansing system washes away dirt and impurities. Natural emollients and skin conditioners leave your skin soft and hydrated without any greasy residue, unlike traditional sunscreens!
13 Reasons to Use Solise Daily
1. Getting Clean.
2. SPF 15 on Everywhere, Everyday: Solise gets you ready for the sun, period.
3. The great feeling of freshly scented moisturized skin.
4. Solise eliminates worries about small but serious sun exposure. In spite of dermatologist’s advice, who puts sunscreen on every day of the year?
5. 90% of all skin cancers occur the most exposed areas – faces, hands, ears, and arms. Solise washes over ALL of these parts and covers them daily with SPF 15. (1)
6. Solise is a great body wash at a great price.
7. Regular use of sunscreen in children can lower their risk of skin cancer by more than 75%. Why not protect kids before they go to school or off to play? (2)
8. Avoid the unpleasantness of sand and clothing sticking to protected skin. Solise leaves no greasy residue, just soft, clean, protected skin.
9. Most clothing only has a SPF of 5-9, so add an extra layer of protection under your clothes. With Solise, if you’ve washed it, you’ve protected it. (3)
10. Up to 80% of the ultraviolet sun rays that burn get through fog and clouds, so be safe knowing you washed with Solise and SPF is ALREADY ON! (5)
11. Skin cancer is mostly preventable and Solise is the easiest ways to get daily protection from UV rays – simple and smart.
12. 90% of visible signs of aging are caused by sun exposure. Use Solise daily and slow that process. (4)
13. Solise protects your hands, one of the most exposed areas of your body, with an invisible SPF 15 “glove” that is comfortable and smart to wear!
The Solise Body Wash sells for $13.99. Not much higher than your grocery store sunscreen!
Giveaway- One lucky Mama Must Have It reader will win a bottle of Solise Hand Wash with Sunscreen!
Visit the Solise website and tell me one fact about sunscreen or cancer you learned! (you must be a Mama Must Have It friend through Google Friend Connect)
- Like Mama Must Have It on Facebook (5 extra entries– it’s a new account– so make sure to like it!)
- Tell all your friends on Facebook about this great giveaway! Leave a message here telling me you have! (1 extra entry)
- Follow Mama Must Have It and Solise on twitter and tweet the following message and then comment below with the link to your tweet (1 additional entry per day)
#Win @Solise2010 Body Wash with Sunscreen! RT @mamamusthave http://mamamusthaveit.com/2010/10/26/solise-review-and-giveaway/ #sun #health #family
- Blog about this giveaway! Place a link back to this post and leave the url of your blog post here! (5 extra entries)
- Enter any other Mama Must Have It Giveaway! (1 extra entry per giveaway)