Last weekend I hosted my daughters 6th birthday tea party at our house. Eight little girls all decked out, pinkies up and ready to sip tea like the Queen of England. We made fascinators from headbands, feathers and tulle. We ate deviled eggs like nobody’s business… pink deviled eggs.
Minted provided the invites, banner and the cute table decorations. I love their Party Decor. It’s always well made, super stylish, and affordable! I borrowed tea stuff from some close girl friends, and then supplemented here and there. How do you think it turned out?
- 1 dozen eggs
- food coloring (color of your choice)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 4 T pickle juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the eggs. Let cool. I like to put eggs in a pot of water, bring to boil. Turn the stove off and cover the pot for about 13 minutes.
- Cool the eggs in ice bath.
- Peel the eggs.
- Once you have them peeled, slice in half and pop out the yolks.
- Stash the yolks in a bowl to the side as you prepare the eggs.
- Drop a couple drops of food coloring in about a cup of cold water. Drop in your egg whites. Keep in the coloring until desired color is achieved. Lighter color, less time; darker color, more time.
- Once the whites are finished coloring, place them on a paper towel to dry.
- Go to your yolks and add in the mayo, pickle juice, salt and pepper and paprika. Mix until nice and smooth.
- Put into a icing bag and pipe into the egg whites. Refrigerate until nice and cold.
- *You can add in chopped bacon or perhaps jalapenos. Yum!
I received product for free from Minted. I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. All opinions expressed are 100% mine. Thank you to Minted for the review and for the giveaway.