I have been trying to cut out the carbs. It’s been easier than I would have imagined.
I love Greek/Mediterranean food. Hummus, gyro, pita and tabouli, but with these delicious recipes come carbs. boo
Here is a recipe I created that takes all the flavors and textures of tabouli, but without the bulgar wheat AND the carbs. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- Half head of cauliflower
- half of small cucumber chopped
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 chopped firm tomato
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower head on a plate and microwave it for 2-3 minutes until warm throughout. You want it still crunchy, but not raw.
- Chop all the rest of ingredients while the cauliflower in cooking. Place in a large bowl.
- When the cauliflower is done, place it in a food processor and chop chop away. So want it to be a fine consistency– similar to bulgar wheat or cous cous.
- Once finished, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until nice and cold, then serve with chicken or lamb burgers. Delish!