Back to School is upon us…. Some moms are more than ready for that early morning drop off, waiting to exhale and relax in the quiet calm; other moms are holding on to the last days of summer, sleeping in and gearing up for more beach days. Whichever type of mom you are, know that Chiquita has the snacking covered!
We were thrilled to give Chiquita Bites a try! Chiquita Bites are fruits and veggies ready and waiting for little hands to grab for on the go, snacking at home, or school lunches! They are available in convenient sizes, including single-serve bags, multi-packs and family packs. They’re great for lunches, salads, recipes and sharing!
- Washed & ready to eat
- 30-80 calories per serving
- A half-cup of fruit or vegetables per serving
- A great source of nutrition
My little one loved the peeled apples! They were fresh, crisp, and delicious. My favorite were the green apple slices with caramel dip! yum!
Tips for Getting Back to School
- Reintroduce a school year bedtime now to help make mornings easier when school starts again. Each night have your kids go to bed 15 minutes earlier until you’ve reached their school year bedtime.
- Promote healthy snacking by keeping pre-portioned snacks easily accessible for your little one -keep fruits, veggies and lunch meat in snack portion baggies on a low shelf in the fridge.
- Get organized for the school year by clearing out a small space to dedicate to backpacks, jackets and other school gear.
- Cookie cutters are a simple way to spice up lunch or snack time!
- Prepare your kids for the mental demands of the school year by incorporating “pop quizzes” throughout the day. Have them spell “banana” as they eat their snack!
- Toothpicks make perfect bite-size skewers – they’re easy to eat and your kids will love them! Stack various fruits, cheeses and veggies for a convenient, fun lunch.
- Beat homework blues by designating a special area for homework, make sure it’s quite and stocked with all the supplies your little students may need.
- Take a minute to surprise your son or daughter with a fun note in their lunch.
Here is a little recipe from Chiquita using the green apples from the Chiquita Bites. Being that my girls are little foodies, I had to share the recipe with brie!
Right now Chiquita is hosting a Facebook contest– “Moms Rule Back to School!” You can enter for a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree and a year’s worth of Chiquita Bites by commenting on their page with a tip or trick that has made getting ready for school easier. For official contest rules, click here.
Ready to win something perfect to keep all the Chiquita Bites in?! Win a Thirty-One Thermal Tote (design may vary). This Thermal Tote is perfect for taking lunch on the go or to keep drinks and snacks cold while you’re out and about. It is the perfect addition to any mom’s Back-to-School collection!
I received this product for free from the manufacturer, Chiquita. I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the manufacturer of the product.