Every fall my kids ask for stuff with pumpkin. Pumpkin bread, Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and yummy pumpkin pie pancakes. Well sometimes a mom just doesn’t have the time to break out all the ingredients and make a recipe from scratch. Sometimes baking mix is necessary to keep your sanity… and that’s ok!
This recipe takes baking mix, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to make the moistest, fluffiest, pumpkin-y pancake ever!
Here is my take on Pumpkin Pie Pancakes…
- 2 cups of baking mix (Bisquick, or Betty Crocker Pancake Mix…)
- 2 cups of buttermilk (or 2 cups of milk with a splash of white vinegar)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup of pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients well making sure to get all the lumps out. Spray a 12 inch pan with cooking spray or butter and heat on medium until ready.
- Ladle out a spoon full of batter on to the hot pan. Wait for the bubbles to rise, then flip!
- Makes about 12 pancakes.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and maple syrup!