The coveted Disney Social Media Moms On The Road Celebration invite arrived in your email inbox! Congratulations! Now what? You have questions and I have some answers for you.
Top 6 Tips for attending a Disney On The Road Celebration:
- Stay on site or very near the celebration venue. In Portland, the celebration was held at the DoubleTree Hilton. I decided to stay on site to save time, money and effort. Portland was a new city to me, and the last thing I wanted was to be late for a very important date!
- Wear what you are comfortable in…. within reason. In college we had a term for it: “Snappy Casual.” No you don’t want to go in your yoga pants, but you also don’t need to go out and buy a ball gown either! Whether YOUR comfort is in a flowy dress, or jeans and cute blouse dressed up with some jewelry; don’t let others influence you! After researching a bit, I noticed some ladies going all out with their #disneybounding. If that is your thing, awesome! If not, and a casual look is more you, then rock it lady! I wore a tee and a long black maxi skirt with a cute bubble necklace. I was comfortable in my own skin, ready and able to make connections, and listen to the awesome speakers without squirming around like a preschooler.
- Go out of your way to meet new people. I know it’s hard stepping out of your comfort zone, but realize this; everyone is nervous and waiting for someone else to make the first move. Bring those fancy business cards, put them to good use and hand them out. When you hand them to someone, ask where they are from, if they have been there before and what they are looking forward to. #findyourbrave
- It’s hard to put down the phone and step away from the hashtags, but stop for a moment and listen. Let it sink in. So much information, tips and insight will be thrown your way, settle in and listen!
- When you do turn back to Twitter or Instagram, hashtag it up #DisneySMMC! Let the powers that be KNOW that you are THRILLED to be there!
- Have fun! Let your Disney Side show! Get those Mickey ears on, let loose and enjoy the experience. My On The Road experience flew by and was over by Noon. I wish it would have been longer, but those few hours were awesome and I would not trade it for anything.
Do you have another tip? Comment below with your experience.