Take out the crock pot ladies! We have a super simple recipe for Kalua Pork that takes few ingredients, but a loooooong time to cook. So this takes a little bit of planning ahead… and fighting the Kalua Pork aroma for two days… Good luck with the temptation!
- 1 large pork butt or shoulder, or 2 smaller butts/shoulders
- 1 teaspoon dried/powdered ginger (If using fresh, grate about 1 T)– The more the better!
- 2 T liquid smoke– a little goes a long way
- 2 T sesame oil
- 2 T soy sauce
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Set on low for 24-28 hours.
- Serve with white rice and Asian slaw