This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Colgate-Palmolive. All opinions are mine alone. #FusionClean #CollectiveBias
Have you taken a look around the produce aisle lately?! Fresh berries and spring fruits and vegetables are coming back. Do they look delicious or what? Red ripe and so flavorful!
Love to experiment with food? Whenever the seasonal fruits and vegetables make their way into the stores, it makes me want to get the kiddos and make something fun, delicious, and something that they enjoy. We get into the kitchen, cook our little hearts out, make a mess, then back into the kitchen I go with the new Palmolive® Fusion Clean™ Baking Soda & Grapefruit Dish Liquid I picked up from Walmart. New from the Colgate-Palmolive Company, it comes in two scents; Lime and Grapefruit. It helps me clean up the mess and it smells amazing; so fresh and clean! If I happened to cook up something stinky, the grapefruit and lime scents permeates throughout the kitchen, making the room smell so much nicer! Plus, it has the cleaning power of baking soda that is specially formulated to take on tough cleaning challenges.
A kid friendly recipe that we love to whip up, but makes a bit of a mess is Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake. Beautiful, light angel food cake, juicy red ripe strawberries, layered with a rich cream cheese cream, then followed with homemade fluffy whipped cream. Sounds good right?
- Lots of strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- Angelfood cake- we used little bundts, but you could use a loaf or a larger bundt cake sliced up
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 3 T granulated sugar
- One 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sour cream or greek style yogurt
- Clean, slice strawberries. Set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar on medium high until nice stiff peaks form; a few minutes. Set aside.
- In another clean mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla powdered sugar and sour cream (yogurt) on low/medium until fluffy and fully combined.
- Take your whipped cream, and fold into your cream cheese mixture. Don’t stir too quickly, but combine by folding in gently.
- Take your angel food cakes, place a few tablespoons of strawberries on each serving of angel food cake. Next take the whipped cream/cream cheese mixture and give a nice dollop on top.
- If you wish to layer more strawberries, do so now.